In light of all the changes that have been happening, and because it’s important to capture how we are adapting to the evolving state, national and global environment, we’ve made some changes to our City Plan 2030.
This plan was first adopted in 2016, and outlines our ambitious leadership, community, economic, placemaking, environmental and heritage goals. It is the blueprint for everything we do, and it has been reviewed and updated to reflect the longerterm priorities of the current Council, some of whom were elected in November 2018.
Together, we want to continue to give residents, businesses and visitors confidence that we are shaping the future of PAE as a liveable, sustainable and resilient City. The plan is available online, or we can post you a copy.
In 2030 we are a…
• Thriving economy and a business-friendly City
• Safe, vibrant, inclusive and welcoming city for our residents, businesses and visitors alike
• Low carbon, water sensitive and climate resilient City and our built heritage is protected, embraced and celebrated
• Unique and distinctive collection of active places, created and cared for through strong partnerships
• Collaborative, innovative, and high performing leader within local government
We encourage you to give feedback at any time about what you believe makes our community great, and where you think we need to focus more efforts.
This year it’s particularly important that we hear from you about your experiences in PAE, and your hopes and aspirations for our future. We want to know if you think we are focusing on the right things and find out if there are things we need to stop doing, do more of or start doing to help improve life for our community.
We’d love to get your feedback on our proposed Annual Plan, Budget and City Plan and hear directly from you how we can better support you.